I have not blogged in a long time. Every time I think I need to update the blog I just get overwhelmed by how behind I am. So I am just going to start updating, starting with the most recent stuff, and maybe I'll get to stuff in the past someday, and maybe I wont (I still have posts started from our family trips last spring/summer that I never got around to finishing...)
So we had a very happy 4th of July. Unfortunately I did not take hardly any pictures. Uncle John came down to visit for the weekend, and the boys just LOVE having uncles around. We went to Great Falls on Friday, and got some good pictures there. On the 4th we went to our ward picnic breakfast, and the big boys had lots of fun playing ultimate Frisbee. The weather was amazing - low humidity and low 80's for a high - very strange for this time of year, but we certainly aren't complaining.I took a stab at a flag cake (recipe from my dear friend Ruth). I halved the recipe and they were out of raspberries at the store, so we went strawberries. It was good, but I'll have to try it again next year with raspberries.
The men cooked up a fine brisket dinner in Texas tradition, and then took the boys off to watch some fireworks near by. It was a fun, relaxing, laid back holiday.

It was a great time! I wish I had remembered to bring my camera along.
ReplyDelete