Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch


Our mommy and me preschool did a little field trip out to a pumpkin patch on Friday. It was so much fun, we didn't want to leave to go pick up Harrison from school! It was a half day of school for him, and I considered taking him with us to the pumpkin patch, as that would have simplified my life that day. When I proposed this to him, he promptly asked if there was school that day. When I replied yes, he said he would much rather go to school, and began to sing his school song. I guess he likes kindergarten.


Noah didn't want me taking pictures of him, so I let him take some pictures of Olivia and me. Then he was happy to let me take some of him.

Here's Noah with some of his preschool buddies. The littlest guy is a sibling, but the other three are in his class.
Here's Noah on the hayride. You wouldn't know from this picture, but Noah was terrified of going on the hayride. When he heard the tractor start up, he ran from the loading area screaming, "I'm not going on that!" It took a lot of convincing, and me eventually picking him up screaming and crying to go on it. You had to take the hayride to the patch, so I couldn't let him skip this. He cried for at least the first half, and then made a 180. He decided it was pretty fun, and was actually excited to get back on for the return trip. That's when I shot this picture.


The farm also had a great hayloft barn, filled with soft loose hay. We spent a lot of time here, and Noah loved leaping off the bales into the soft straw. Olivia loved crawling, sitting, trying to walk, and throwing the straw.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so fun! I love fall and pumpkin patches seem like such a fitting celebration of the season. The photo collections you do are cool. I'll have to learn how to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete