The curtain panels are done and hanging up! My only regret is that I don't have enough fabric for double wide panels - the window really needs them. But we're thinking of building a window seat here, so maybe it wont matter all that much. For now, it will be fine.
This was another pretty simple project. I found another great tutorial here. Don't you just love the internet? The hardest part was squaring the fabric, and just making sure everything was super straight, and the same length. Here's a picture of what it looked like:
7 yards of fabric is hard to work with! They took me about 2 hours a piece, but again, I was super careful. For me the most tedious part was blind stitching the mitred corners. Have I mentioned I detest hand stitching?
Here's a close up of the beautiful raw silk I got for $4 a yard!
The ring clips were 40% off at Joanns and then I had my 10% off coupon. which made them $5.50 for a pack of 10. We already had the rod from our old house (it's been hanging on the wall for a couple months now. So total cost for 2 panels: $11 for clips, $24 for 6 yards raw silk, $13 for 6 yards lining, $2 for matching thread = $50. Compare with these I found at pottery barn - almost identical, on sale for $118 a piece + $60 for the ring clips, would have cost me $296. So, really, I just saved myself $246. :) I feel the camera getting closer!



Awesome work! I love saving money too :)
ReplyDeleteGood work! Curtains are hard to manage in a normal house b/c of the shear (often sheer) volume of fabric. It really looks like you did a great job.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! So elegant!!
ReplyDelete