Friday, August 19, 2011

The Cabin - August Trip

This year we were lucky enough to get to take two trips to the Cabin. Well, we were lucky enough to get two brothers married in summer in Utah.  This month it was John getting married to JaNae.

Mollie couldn't make it again.  This time she was flat on her back recovering from the wonderful wedding festivities, trying to recoup before the long car trip back to WA.  She was sad to miss it, but glad her parents had lots of floor space where she could lie around applying ice.

We did the same kind of awesome stuff we always do at the cabin, walk around the woods, play games, hang out on the porch.  And of course visit the river.  The river had recovered and was at normal levels compared to the June trip where it was full and overflowing. It being safe, we did the traditional rock throwing and splashing.  Pictures below.


With all of the help from two families of cousins, we made a rather large wading pool. We put big rocks out on the edge and even had some gaps in the wall for better circulation. No one had a swim suit.

As usual, Dad wades in wearing jeans.

Final view of the pool.  One of our best.  I like the pool idea as much as I like the dam efforts to totally stop the river.  
When we were kids we would try and get the dam as far out as the big rock in the center of the stream.  Big spring flooding moved that rock quite a bit. Although I don't have a picture, Dan tried to wade out to the rock and sit on it.  That's when we realized that it was not in its usual place, and he was stuck chest deep in the stream looking for a refuge.  I love the cabin.  I wish I could buy the whole canyon to make sure that it stays just like it is.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe that big rock has been pushed downstream like that. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete