Saturday, December 24, 2011

Awesome Advent

I love the anticipation of Christmas.  December is a great month.  This year, the boys got an awesome pre-Christmas present, a Lego advent calendar. Each day they got to open a few more bricks, steps towards building a lego scene.

There were some pretty awesome Legos in the calendar.  The boys especially liked the skateboard, snow mobiles and the police cabin.  I thought that the ice fisherman, with axe and pole and fish, was a nice touch.  The crowning piece of the set was Santa with a big bag ready for gifts, a chimney and a Christmas tree.

Every morning when the boys woke up, they would yell down from upstairs to ask whether it was okay to open the new day's Legos (as opposed to asking if it was breakfast time).  They always new what day of December it was, because they knew which door they had opened that morning, and which door they had to wait for.  I think this will become a new holiday tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment