Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pinewood Derby


This year was Harrison's first pinewood derby.  He was super excited.  Sam helped him cut out his design on a friend's band saw, and then it sat around the house until just a few days before the derby.  I kept Sam pretty busy building the dresser for the baby's room, so you can blame the procrastination on me.  But they managed to get it done, just in the nick of time.  Harrison really wanted it red with flames, so that's what they did. 

They had to glue on about 4 quarters, and a silver dollar to make it the right weight.  Like I said, they were doing things a bit last minute.  Like putting the wheels on less than an hour before the derby.

 This is his car in the line up.  He did okay - didn't win any official races, but didn't loose them all either.  So I think that's a good place to be in for your first year. 

He got the HOT HOT Stuff award for most creative use of flames.  And was thrilled. 


1 comment:

  1. That is one sweet looking hot rod, Harrison. I'm going to show a picture to my cub scouts this week.

    ReplyDelete