Olivia is surprising. There are some things that she just figures out without much help. I remember when I came home one day, Mollie told me that she had learned to swing on her own. The only help she needed was an explanation of "pump your legs." She got it from that.
She has had a bike that without training wheels and without pedals for a while. Actually she left this bike behind the van. So one day I backed over it and broke the front crank. Because it could not keep the chain on, I took the pedals off. Olivia would cruise on this bike, half running half gliding. Using that bike probably really prepared her for balance and other needs of a two wheel normal bicycle.
After the effort that it was to get our boys comfortable on their bikes, I was wondering how much effort it would be to teach Olivia. Saturday morning, she asked me to take the training wheels off her bike. Just a few days earlier Mollie had suggested that she try to ride without training wheels and Olivia defiantly said "maybe when I'm five." However, today she was ready.
I don't know if I gave her any explanation, but the video below is her first attempt.
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment