Sunday, August 11, 2013

Summer Tipi

I was randomly inspired by a photo on the cover of a magazine of a little girl sitting inside of a tiny tipi.  I thought it would be so fun for the kids to have a tipi of their own they could hang out in in the backyard, so I started searching for tutorials on making a tipi.  A canvas drop cloth seemed like the ideal material, and I found a great tutorial using one.  I got all the supplies together, cut the pieces and let the kids go wild with the paint.  I gave them a few ideas, but pretty much let them do whatever they wanted.




  It took me about a week to find the time to get it all sewn together, and then drill the stakes and tie them together to make the full tipi.  But once it was done, the kids LOVED it.  It happened to be rainy that day, so we set it up in the great room.  There's enough room for all the kids to be in there together, and they really like that they can tie the door shut.



Since then we've gotten plenty of use out of it on sunny days, and even took it with us on our trip to Bear Lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment