Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Traveling with Tots

We just got back from our week long “vacation” to visit the Paynes in Texas. We had a very nice time visiting with family, and it was fun to see everyone. But I’ve figured out over the past 2 years that when you travel with children, it’s not exactly vacation as it once was. Before we had kids, we used to try and extend the amount of time we spent somewhere. But I figured out that once you have kids, especially more than one child, longer is not always better. By the 5th day Harrison was ready to get back to “my bed, my house and my toys.” I was also getting weary of the 9 pm bed time and the 6:30 am wake time with an unpredictable nap.
But for the most part we had a great time. The plane ride was bearable, and we had our own apartment over the garage to stay in. Harrison had a great time riding the John Deer with Grandpa and picking tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash with grandma. He also loved playing with his many uncles who spent countless hours entertaining him. It was nice to be with family, and it makes me wish we had some family a little closer. Our next “vacation” is coming up very soon - a trip up to Utah in August. I can only hope it will go as well as this one did.
Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment