Monday, October 30, 2006

Daylight Savings Drama

I discovered this year that the people who invented daylight savings time had no children. As a college student, I loved the "fall back" an hour. It gave me extra time to hang out, a free hour. However with kids, I realized that they don't really understand the concept. They did not know that they could/should sleep in longer on Sunday morning. We even kept them up late Saturday night to make them more tired (a classic parenting mistake). But Sunday morning came and Noah woke up at 4:30 or so. It was unfair. Somehow the extra free hour intended turned into an hour stolen. We tried valiantly to get him back to sleep, but when I left to church at 5:45, he had not gotten back to sleep.

So a bit of parenting drama, but mostly I felt robbed of what used to be an anticipated event.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment