Sunday, October 8, 2006

It's Great To Be One

In just the past few weeks Noah has developed a few very enduring little habits that have reminded me how adorable one-year-olds can be. I thought I would record them here before the terrible twos hit, and I forget all about them!

When ever we sit down to eat he folds his arms (as best he can) and says "pray pray pray pray" until we start praying.

He loves to wear things, especially on his head or around his neck. Anything. Some of his favorites are Harrison's ball caps, his blanket, mardi gras beads, scarfs, the Dr. kit stethascope, valcanoes from Harrison's new Dinosaur set, wipes (on his head), Harrison's Halloween costume, Harrison's underwear... the list grows everyday. He get's very frustrated when whatever he wants to wear wont stay put - and I often find myself helping him "wear" various requests.

When ever Sam gets home he greets him at the door with a "Hi dad."

He likes to "ride" on everything. One of his favorite things to ride is anyone who may be resting on the ground. A while ago, Sam gave Noah and Harrison a "train ride" on his tummy. Now whenever I am laying down, Noah climbs up on my stomach, straddles me, grabs my hands, and bounces up and down, his way of requesting a train ride. When ever you stop, he promptly signs "more" by putting his hands together, and then grabs your hands waiting for more.



He loves to give kisses, but his idea of a kiss is to put his wide open mouth, full of teeth I might add, on your face.


I'm sure there's more, and I'll add them as I think of them....

No comments:

Post a Comment