Last night we finally got around to doing a gingerbread house.
I had been telling the boys that we would do one for a while now, but on Monday I was at Trader Joe's and picked up a cute kit. I just didn't realize I had to make my own icing, so we had to wait until Tuesday night to put it together.
The kit came with a cute little set of characters - I think they are suppose to be Hansel, Grettle and the evil witch, but they were cute nonetheless. I controlled the icing, but the boys determined where each blob should go, and placed all the candy pieces.Harrison seemed most proud of his pretzel fence in the front. We managed to get through it with only taking a few tastes of the icing, but the boys wanted to stare at it forever - they both ran out to get one last good look before bed time, and it was the first thing they asked to see in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment