
A few nights ago, around 6 PM, I was checking my e-mail while Sam played with the boys in their room. Something moving outside caught my attention and I looked just in time to see a large branch from the eucalyptus tree outside fall right where the boys play in our backyard.

Eucalyptus trees are infamously brittle, and so I was not surprised when it happened, but was very grateful that the boys weren't out there playing. It landed right on top of the toys that they didn't clean up from earlier in the day. Sam and the boys had fun playing and hauling off some of the smaller branches to the nearby bushes. The gardeners had it all cleaned up before 8 AM -

which was good because I was teaching preschool that next day, and new it would be much too tempting for the kids during outside time. Also a reminder how nice it is to have gardeners who not only haul off trees when they fall down, but mow the lawn, and trim the shrubs. I remember when a tree fell in our backyard in Oregon, it took my dad weeks to chop it up and get it moved.
No comments:
Post a Comment