Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Family History Wall

I have been pondering doing some kind of family history wall in my entry way for quite some time. I have been gathering family photos for 2 years, and spent a good deal of time scanning and touching them up. But I hadn't come up with a solid idea of how or what I was going to do. I saw a post on Design Mom recently that totally inspired me. I've been working since January to get this up, and it's finally all in place (except for the one photo I forgot to order....) The center piece for the whole thing is a family history fan chart, filled in with all the family history we have for the Payne and Madsen sides of our family. What took the longest (and is still not resolved) was getting the chart printed. I wanted it printed on nice parchment paper or something - but I had to settle for just plain white bond paper. When I find a printer that will do it, I'll upgrade it - for $10 you can have the a chart generated with your family history all filled in in a pdf form. So I have the pdf, and I can make as many prints as I want (and trust me, I made lots of them trying to find a better paper...) But I still love it. And it got Harrison excited about family history. He found an old check register of mine, and told me he was writing his own family history in that. I even had a friend come over for a few minutes, and he explained to her that mommy's family history was on the wall, and he had a family history in his little book. I'm glad it's up, and I love looking at it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: