
I found a few items on craigslist I had been looking for for a good price, but they were out in Carlsbad. I decided it would still be worth the trip, but sad I was wasting so much gas. Then
a friend mentioned she was going Strawberry picking for
her birthday on Saturday, and I thought, what a great idea. That's an even better reason to go to Carlsbad. So we made a day (at least morning) of it.

And Harrison was thrilled to find his good friend
John picking strawberries only a few rows away. I remember going strawberry picking as a child in Oregon. We would sit and eat all the strawberries we could while my mom would pick for baking and jamming. I remember thinking that my brother actually got his strawberry blond hair from the strawberries we would pick every summer. I don't think that U-Pick is the financial steal it used to be when I was a kid, but it was a fun and entertaining family experience.

It was a warm beautiful day, and the strawberries were delicous. We ate as many as we could and filled our bucket as well. I think the boys enjoyed the great sandy soil almost as much as they did the berries.
No comments:
Post a Comment