Friday, August 1, 2008

Two weeks and counting


I know all of you are looking here to see if we've had our baby yet, which sadly we have not. It has however, been two weeks since we got rid of our TV. We sold it on craigslist and it's been great. We did not go completely cold turkey. Our computer has a TV tuner and tivo built in, but in the past two weeks I've watched exactly 2 hours of TV (two episodes of House, if you were curious). That is a significant reduction for me. I was a serious TV junkie. They boys have also really shut down their TV time. Thankfully they have stopped asking for it for the most part.

There were several big motivators behind this. First, we are moving in a pod and can't take anything but the essentials. And frankly TV did not make the cut. Secondly, I read the ensign article about President Eyring. His wife cut the cord (literally) on their TV and it really inspired me to get rid of it.

So you might ask, what have we been doing with our time? Well, there is the great purge in preparation for the aforementioned move. We are trying to get rid of almost everything we own (an editorial on this to come later). We donate/sell/toss at least a few bags of stuff every day. More importantly, we've been having a more fun together. Noah dresses up more, I read to the kids more, Noah makes more messes, and Harrison plays more with legos.

No comments:

Post a Comment