Harrison had a talk on Sunday in Primary. He did a wonderful job! His talk was on responsibilities of members of a family. He came up with all the ideas for responsibilities, and Sam helped him form his ideas into a talk. He practiced a few times at home, and when he got up in front of the room full of peers and adults, he spoke clearly, made eye contact, and had far more confidence than I do when I have to speak in front of a large group. A member of the primary presidency was standing next to him to see if she needed to help him with any words, but he easily read the whole thing (reading ahead, and looking at the audience as he spoke), as Sam and I watched from the back of the room. We were so proud!
Here's his talk:
My name is Harrison. My talk is about people’s responsibilities in a family. The scripture for my talk is Doctrine and Covenants 88:119
Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;
My family has 5 people. They are me, my brother Noah, my sister Olivia, and my mom and dad. I love my whole family. Everyone in my family has some responsibilities. Some people have individual duties; some people have shared responsibilities. I have responsibilities to help my family be built.
Some of my responsibilities are to clean up my toys, put away the silverware from the dishwasher, watch my sister Olivia if my mom is in another room, and to clean up my dishes from the table. My mom also has some responsibilities. She has to watch Olivia, help us clean up toys, teach me about math and Jesus, and to always care for me. My dad has some responsibilities: to help my mom, to make sure I don’t get lost, and to help me stay away from cars when I’m riding my bike. My parents share the responsibility to help me and my brother pray.
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Side note: Harrison's eyes have become extremely senstive to light (too much indoor time this winter???) and so it's hard to get a good picture of him... The picture above was the first, here's a sampling of how hard it is for him to open his eyes when it's bright outside:
No comments:
Post a Comment