Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I think it might be spring....


We spent Sunday afternoon walking around DC and taking in all the beautiful blossoms. (Sam and I noted that less Sunday meetings was a definite perk of Sam's calling as seminary teacher.) It was one of those perfect spring days. Temperatures in the upper 60's, blue skies with just the perfect amount of white puffy clouds. The kind of day you take for granted while living in San Diego. The kind of day you really appreciate after a cold gray winter. The kind of day you thought would never come when the first official week of spring was in the 30's and 40's.

The peak of the cherry blossoms are suppose to be this coming weekend, but it sure seemed to me that there were plenty of other blossoms peaking on Sunday. We spent most of our time strolling through the gardens behind the Smithsonian Castle. And then headed up to the Washington Monument where the kite festival filled the skies with all sorts of kites. I've started a list of things to do this spring - before the heat and humidity start to hit. This was one of them. Here's to checking off many more!

7 comments:

  1. Love all the new posts! Sounds like you guys are doing well and we are so glad. We are super jealous that you get the Gathrights in your area. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, you teach seminary? I had no idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cherry blossoms are beautiful! I wish we could go back to DC again before we move.
    We're so excited about spring. You're a little ahead of us here in NY, but we've got crocuses everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry blossoms are my favorite! Oh these pictures are great. I wish I were there with you guys. So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous. Of all the things I miss about the East Coast, I miss the glorious spring the most. Enjoy the cherry blossoms, and the daffodils, and the azaleas, and the dogwoods...need I go on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! Can't wait to enjoy them next spring!!

    ReplyDelete