Last Saturday we took the family out picking blackberries at Homestead Farm. It was going to be a hot one, so we got there right at 9:30 - and it was already hot and humid. But the berries were ripe for the picking, and so delicious. There's nothing like straight-from-the-bush-berries. Yum.
Everyone joined in picking, and eating, of course. The boys quickly learned that the sweetest berries were the darkest ones with the largest individual berries. Any any time they'd find a group of them they'd yell, "Look at this treasure I found! What a beauty!" It was pretty comical.
Olivia ate berries the entire time. If there wasn't a berry in her mouth she was grabbing or whining for one. I think she must have consumed a couple pints, and near the end I cut off her supply, worried that there would be a tummy ache later on.
She even joined in the picking, but she wasn't as good about only picking the ripe fruit. She would grab anything in sight, and we even caught her eating a berry that was still attched to the bush.
They also had pick your own Zinnias, so we brought a dozen home. Next time we'll have to do peaches - we bought some from their fruit stand, and they were DELISH! We will be coming back to this farm many times. Thanks Homestead farms!
That sounds like an awesome farm. I meant to find something like that this year, but haven't. We did strawberry picking with friends, but other than that, I forgot about self-pick fruit. I'll have to see what's near us.
ReplyDeleteThat's adorable!
ReplyDeleteYay Olivia!
ReplyDelete