Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Harrison's First Day of School


Harrison started Kindergarten last week, and is loving it. Here's some pictures from the first day. He was so excited, and not nervous at all.

Sam stayed home a bit later to walk to school with us. The school is about 3/4 of a mile away, so I get a good 3 mile walk in with the round trips twice a day. I'm glad to have a walk built into my day again!


I'm not sure where Noah was when the pictures were happening - but Olivia gladly posed in her shades. She's been loving wearing sunglasses lately, but unfortunately these were lost on the 3rd day of school.


This is Harrison right before he walked in the classroom. He was just excited, and ready to go. They asked parents to just drop off and not linger, so I snapped this photo, and he ran right in. When I picked him up he reported he had a great time, and has been happy and talkative every day since. I think he's got a great teacher, and it seems he's already made a best friend. Her name is Bryn, and we hear about her constantly. Harrison said he knew he liked her the moment he saw her, "because she has a patch over her eye!" They sit by each other at lunch, play at recess, and have been scheming to have play-dates - I guess I need to figure out who Bryn's mother is...

3 comments: