Santa came to our Christmas party this year. It was fun to watch how each of our kids reacted to Santa.
Harrison was all business. He had to explain to Santa exactly which books he wanted, and also explain that some of them might not be released yet, and to just get him the ones that were out. And then when he was done, and Santa gave him a candy cane, he just sat there. Like it was his seat for dinner. I had to remind him to let someone else have a turn.
Earlier in the week, Noah had mentioned he remembered being frightened of Santa last year (he did not sit on his lap) but that this year he would sit on his lap so he could tell him what he wanted. But as soon as he saw Santa, he ran from the room. I coaxed him back so he could watch Harrison talk with Santa, and then he saw Santa give Harrison a candy cane. That sealed the deal. He was shy at first...
But then was all smiles. He asked Santa for some Lightening McQueen socks (which he had seen at the Target dollar spot the day before.) I think Santa will come through for him on that request.
And then there was Olivia. She burst into tears the moment I set her down, and just looked at me like, "who have you left me with?" She was very happy to get off of his lap, and clung to me to let me know I better not leave her with anyone else the rest of the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment