Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our Little Joseph

In spite of the several (okay, like 3) inches of snow we received on Saturday, we had our ward Christmas party. It was a great night, and Harrison was asked to play Joseph in the Christmas Pageant they put on for part of the entertainment.

Here's Joseph with Mary as they practiced before they went on stage. Harrison was so excited. As we were getting ready to leave for the party, he was dancing around saying, "Hello, I'm Joseph!" in the deepest voice he could muster.

Here he is during the performance. Harrison did a great job walking slowly to the middle of stage as the narrator told of Joseph and Mary going to Bethlehem to be taxed. And then he stood on the stage the rest of the time, patiently watching as the other participants joined the stage one by one. After it was all over, and I asked him if he had a good time, he said, "Yes, it was fun, but I wish I could have been Mary." When I asked if it was because she got to hold the baby Jesus, he replied, "No. It's because she got a chair. I had to stand the whole time, I wish I could have sat down."

And here's a picture of Olivia, just because. She was pretty cute all dressed in red. I made a new poinsettia head band for the season. They took pictures of kids on Santa's lap, so when I get those, I will post them. Olivia burst into tears when I set her down, so I'm looking forward to seeing that picture.

1 comment: