Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy Little Chefs

Our Relief Society has been doing a craft night once a month. It's a night where you can come work on any craft project while you hang out with others doing the same. We had one last night, and I was planning on going, but trying to figure out what I was going to do. Another girl in the group mentioned she was going to be working on an apron and chefs hat. I have already made the kids each aprons (Harrison and Noah a couple years ago, and Olivia got one for Christmas), so I asked for the plans for the hat. I dug through my scraps (it's getting to be a pretty small pile these days) and found a few things I thought would work. It was a super easy project - I prepped the tops and bands before going to craft night, pinned while I chatted, and then sewed together, and added the velcro today. The kids were pretty excited about them this afternoon when I finished them. Although, Harrison was a little disappointed that his hat didn't match his apron, and was only slightly consoled by the fact that his hat matched the apron that I gave his teacher (wonder where those scraps came from...)





If I were to do it again, I would make the band a little shorter (both height and length.) I had to take in the hats pretty significantly to make them work (even with the adjustable velcro), and I'm thinking I just made my seam allowances way to small or something. But even so, I still like how they turned out, and the kids like wearing them.

1 comment:

  1. They are adorable! Come live by me and be crafty for my children. Please.

    ReplyDelete