Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The National Zoo

We headed out to the zoo on Saturday, since it was a pretty nice day (high in the low 40's and sunny) and we had no other obligations. It was a great day!
We saw a cheetah - I don't know that I ever saw one in San Diego - not at the zoo at least (maybe at the Wild Animal Park?) And Harrison had so much fun reading all the Cheetah facts - he's doing a report on "big cats" for school, so it was fun for him to see one in real life, and read some interesting information about them.
We became members of FONZ, the Zoo society. For $60 we get free parking (which is usually $15 a time) and free animal crackers for each kid each time we visit. Oh, and the Panda that Olivia is holding? That was free with our membership too. I'm really glad we joined, and I hope to go more often now that we are members. If only it weren't for the almost hour drive to get there...
Note the animal crackers the kids are holding/eating. Not such a great idea to try and take a photo right after giving them food.
Noah always loves posing for photos on the animal statues. I think he enjoys those almost as much as the real ones. We caught some glimpses of the Pandas - they have outdoor areas for them, but they were all inside. Too cold, I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment