Tuesday, March 2, 2010

All About Olivia

Olivia is growing up so fast these days. She's 18 months now - I can hardly believe it (and she'll be 19 in just a couple more days!) She's done some pretty funny things that I wanted to write about.

A few days ago she wandered upstairs while everyone was getting ready in the morning.  I was busy clearing the breakfast table/making lunches/unloading the dishwasher,  so it took me a few minutes to go find out what she was up to.  And the silence had me pretty worried.  This is what I found:


Shes was sitting in the bathroom with all the shampoo/baby wash she could find, and was taking turns dumping them on her head.


Is this the "I know I'm in trouble" face, or what? Oh, and yes, that's Noah's underwear on her leg. In all the mischievous acts my two boys did at this age, I don't think they ever involved dressing themselves, or washing themselves. Girls sure are different.

Olivia loves to draw.  She also loves to use as many markers as possible, which usually means that we end up with all the markers with their caps off all over the table and floor.


She often holds a marker or crayon in the correct possition for writing - I guess you learn a lot being a thrid child, because I never taught her this. I would love to let her color more, but more often I'm finding the coloring on the walls...


She is also, as I mentioned before, interested in dressing herself. The other day she was with me in her room while I was putting away laundry. When I turned around from what I was doing, she had no less than 3 pairs of bloomers on.


This girl makes me laugh.



After I took them off, she promptly tried to put them 
back on. This time, all at once. 


A few other cute things about this cute girl. Every time she gets dressed (or sees her hair accessories) she asks to put one on. "Bow, pity [pretty] bow" she says. And she can be quite opinionated about which one I put on. And sometimes demands that she have multiple bows on at the same time. She loves accessories of all kinds, and one of her first words was shoes. She loves carrying around bags, and trying on hats. She says "cank-oo" [thank you] whenever someone gives her something, and loves to fold her arms, and sometimes mimic the words, during prayers. She loves, loves, loves teddy bears, and signs and says "bea" [bear] every time she sees one. Even if it's being held by a different kid, across the room, she'll yell for it like it's her own. Balls are probably 2nd on her list, and she loves to sign and say "ba" every time she sees one. She's a fabulous sleeper - she goes down around 6, and around 7 (or whenever she hears people awake downstairs) we can hear her calling "Hi! Hi!" She's almost always very happy in the morning. (I probably would be too if I got 13 hours of sleep a night!) She can often be heard making shooting noises while she points whatever she has in her hand at you (her sippy cup, a bear, a lego...) Do you think she's got 2 older brothers? She also takes anything that resembles a telephone (calculator, baby monitor, toy phone, real phone) holds it up to her ear, says, "hallo" and then continues to babble into the phone. When I told her Grandma was coming, and asked her to say Grandma, she held her hand up to her ear and said "Hallo!" Apparently I talk to my mom on the phone quite a bit. Our front door makes a chime whenever it's opened, and whenever she hears it she yells, "Dadda! Hi Dadda!" Over and over until she actually sees Sam. It's quite a welcome home. I sure there are many more that I can't think to mention. We just love having her around to brighten our day and make us smile.

3 comments:

  1. so cute Mollie, I hope you'll add me to your list when you go private. I love to keep in touch.

    Maria Lewis
    salsational@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we're not going private here - I'm just going to switch our old blog to private, so people don't get confused. I've heard that if you release your blog address people can access your old posts somehow - anyway, we'll be public here!

    ReplyDelete