 |
| The kids helped out breaking the bread for the stuffing this year. They loved that. |
We spent a quiet Thanksgiving at home with just the 5 of us. We started out the day going to the
Turkey Trot. I would love this to become a new family tradition, and when I'm not pregnant, I'd love to participate. We came home, and got the turkey in the oven, and made some other last minute preps. I kept the meal pretty simple this year, and tired to stick to things I knew the kid would enjoy eating. I know I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again. I hate cooking turkey. I'm not sure why I talked myself in to it again this year, but I don't think we'll do it again next year. Ham or even a roasted chicken are so much easier (and more delicious in my opinion.) As usual, with my kids, dinner lasted all of 10 minutes. We did talk about several things we were thankful for - it was fun to see Harrison so serious and thoughtful about his list. Next year I'll have to be better about making a record of those types of things.
 |
| I opted for very simple veggies this year - just a relish tray, which the kids gobbled up. | |
 |
| I also opted for disposable dinnerware. Made cleanup so much easier after all that cooking. And really, it was a lot more festive than the dishes that I own. |
And then we spent the rest of the day putting up
Christmas decorations.
No comments:
Post a Comment