Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Swim Lessons

Starting in May a girl in our ward started teaching swim lessons in her parents pool in their back yard.  Since soccer season was ending, and I wanted them to improve their swimming skills, I signed them up.  Olivia was already taking lessons at an indoor pool, so she had to wait until June to take lessons from Jenna.  It has been fabulous.  The kids love taking lessons with their friends, and I love that they can ride their bikes to their lessons.  It's probably about 1/2 a mile, and they do have to cross a somewhat busy street to get there, but I really like that there is something they can do independently like that and take some extra responsibility.  I think that there use to be a lot more of that 50 years ago, and it's so good for kids to have.  Any way, I'll step off that soap box now, and leave you with some pictures:





Jenna has been the best teacher my kids have ever had, and they've all improved so much.  Harrison and Noah just started the July session of lessons, and then we'll take a break, as Jenna will be having a baby the beginning of August.  I'm so glad we had the chance to take some lessons from her this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment