Friday, March 9, 2007

Grandma's Little Sewing Boy

During Grandma Grettle's recent visit, Harrison acquired a new skill he is quite proud of. He learned to sew. After Grandma showed him how it was done, he would regularly request to sew with Grandma. He would very carefully keep the thimble on his thumb, but never use it to touch the needle. He learned quickly that it was very easy to poke yourself with the needle if you weren't careful, but everytime he did so, he would exclaim, "Ouch! I'm okay." Grandma taught him that sewers are very brave, not whimps. I think he truely believes that sewing is some sort of noble sport that only very brave people take part in. Now that Grandma is gone, he talks fondly of sewing, and looks forward to visiting Grandma at her house in Texas so he can sew with her. I think Grettle is looking forward to it also.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment