As I loaded the groceries into the trunk of my car today, I could feel the hot sun beating down on my back, and was amazed to think that we woke up to 3 inches of snow fall less than a week ago. Okay, so we weren't technically in San Diego when it snowed, but we were only a short hour and a half drive from our apartment staying in Julian when it snowed last week, and right now it is 78 in La Jolla.Sam and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary by taking a little overnight trip up to Julian. Thanks to Grettle, we were able to leave the kids and have a mini "vacation" to ourselves. We had a great time. We stayed in a cute little Bed & Breakfast called Mountain High . It was very nice and calm - we had the whole place to ourselves. We stayed in the Rose cottage, and I believe it
was actually larger than our whole apartment. We had a wood burning stove which kept it nice and cozy through the snowy night, and breakfast was delivered to the back door. Scott (the "inn keeper") even brushed all the snow off of our car in the morning. We also spent some time in town along main street visiting the little shops there. Julian is quite a world away from San Diego. Many of the stores and restaurants were closed due to snow. We weren't sure if they were out sledding, or they had to stay at home with their kids who had the day off... Nonetheless we enjoyed delicious pie and hot chocolate everywhere we ate, and brought some yummy treats home from the Julian Cider Mill. It was a good reminder of the weather we've been missing since we've moved to San Diego, but I'm glad to be back in the 70 degree weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment