Lately the boys have really taken to reading books. Noah took the lead on this one. He just loves to sit and flip through pages in book after book after book. We reorganized the books so that they are all stored in baskets, because several times a day Noah will "read" every book on the shelf. He's much better at putting them away into baskets than he was to put them back on the shelf! Harrison has also decided that this is a fun activity, so now when I need to get something done, I declare it book time, and they happily race into their room and start reading. Harrison's under bed area has been turned into the reading corner - we store most of the books there, and there's a nice soft seat for them to share. I think they really started to get into this when it was light enough in the evenings, post bed-time, that they could see well enough to look through books before they went to bed. Now we have started to give them "light-time" after bed time, where we leave the light on so they can look through books before "lights out". I am loving the peaceful moments it's creating in our home! I can only hope it lasts.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Bookworms
Lately the boys have really taken to reading books. Noah took the lead on this one. He just loves to sit and flip through pages in book after book after book. We reorganized the books so that they are all stored in baskets, because several times a day Noah will "read" every book on the shelf. He's much better at putting them away into baskets than he was to put them back on the shelf! Harrison has also decided that this is a fun activity, so now when I need to get something done, I declare it book time, and they happily race into their room and start reading. Harrison's under bed area has been turned into the reading corner - we store most of the books there, and there's a nice soft seat for them to share. I think they really started to get into this when it was light enough in the evenings, post bed-time, that they could see well enough to look through books before they went to bed. Now we have started to give them "light-time" after bed time, where we leave the light on so they can look through books before "lights out". I am loving the peaceful moments it's creating in our home! I can only hope it lasts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment