Monday, October 29, 2007

4 is Not a Bore

A few weeks ago Harrison said something I've been meaning to write down. So, since this is where I write, I'm putting it here. He asked me "Mom, how do we stay up in Heaven." Upon prodding, I realized he was afraid of going to heaven, because he didn't know how he would stay up (pointing at the sky as he said this) without falling down. So cute! Today he asked me "How many more days will we be on the ground?" Again I was puzzled by what he meant, and when I asked where we would be besides the ground, he looked at me as if I was crazy and exclaimed quite loudly, in the middle of the grocery store, "With our Heavenly Father!" Apparently he's been picking up on a few things in Primary.

Today he was also amazing me with a few non heaven related questions. "Mom, Yep ends in P. Can you hear the 'puh' at then end of Yep? See, it ends in P." And then later today, "Mom, does 2 and 5 make 7?" And then a few minutes ago he asked me to write down the names of his preschool friends. I was at the computer typing them, and as I completed each name (without saying them myself) Harrison said the names. After I typed the first one, I was sure it had been luck, thinking he would get the next one wrong. But he got all 5 of them. Astonished I asked him if he read them, and he said yes. I asked him how he did that, and he responded "Mom, I just know what they look like." So I guess John, Matthew, Sage, Rachel and Libby will be added to his list of first sight words. The first sight word I realized he had was when we were driving in the car, and said, "Mom, that sign says 'No'. See, N O spells 'No'". He just seems to be growing up so fast lately! He likes to carry around little booklets and asks me to write things in them for him. Today his requests were:

I love Joshua
I love my preschool friends: John, Matthew, Sage, Libby, Rachel
Noah's in my family
This is Harrison's book.
I love my preschool.
I like preschool.
I love the things we do.
I like the things we do.
I want to do the things we do.
I love this world.
I like staying on the ground.

And here's another little conversation from today:
Harrison: "Mom, why does Jesus have special feet to walk on the water?"
Mom: "Well, Jesus is a very special person. He had lots of a faith."
Harrison: "But I have as much faith as Jesus. Why don't my feet walk on water."
Mom: "We are all working towards having faith like Jesus. But we're not quite there yet."
Harrison: "Why not?"
Mom: "I think we'll save this one for your Dad at FHE tonight."
Harrison: "Okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment