Monday, November 5, 2007

Trick or TREAT

We had a really great Halloween this year. It felt especially nice after being locked up inside for a week with the fires we had the week before. Our first really big outing after the fires was our Trunk-or-Treat at the church which was the Friday before Halloween. I forgot my camera, so no pictures of this event, but the kids really enjoyed themselves. Harrison was a frog, and Noah was a pirate. Neither would participate in the costume contest, but both were anxious to go ask for candy from people. Monday night we finally put to use the pumpkins that became ripe in our garden back in July. They were a little dried out, but made for pretty good carving pumpkins. Since we had more pumpkins than usual (and we still have some leftover...) we ventured outside of our usual Jack-O-Lantern faces, and tried some "spooky" designs. Sam did the bat for Harrison (who loved that he had a "spooky" pumpkin) and the spider was for Noah. On Tuesday there was a Halloween party with Harrison's preschool class. This time Harrison was Curious George, and Noah stuck with his pirate ensemble. One of the mom's hosted it at her house, and invited lots of friends (I think there were around 15 little ones) to join in the spooky celebrations. Everyone had a great time making monster hands, learning how to mix up some "magical" potions, and breaking open a witch hat pinata. I stayed so Noah could join in the fun, and he loved it. He discovered candy corns, and did much more eating than art work during the craft. Then came Wednesday, and the real Halloween. Harrison decided that this time he would be Tigger because, "I was Curious George last Halloween, and a Frog already." A bunch of families in student housing got together to share some food and fun at the park. There was a Halloween puppet show for the kids, and they had a musical parade to show off their costumes. We finished off the celebrations by going trick-or-treating to just a couple houses, but managed to get plenty of candy. I'm ready to move on to Thanksgiving plans now, but I'm glad my boys were able to bet plenty of use out of their Old Navy clearance/garage sale costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment