Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow Day!

On Friday night, on the way to a school function, Harrison and I overheard the weather report for the next day - 2 to 4 inches of snow! Harrison exclaimed, "Yay! No school!" I said, "You're right. It's Saturday tomorrow, there will be no school. And maybe no Christmas party at church either..." He explained to me that it was a win win situation. If it snowed we could play outside in the snow all day, and if it didn't, we had a party to go to. Well, it ended up being win-win-win because it did snow all day, and we still had a party to go to! We also decorated the much anticipated gingerbread house - we didn't do it on Thanksgiving this year, but the boys both remembered it being a new tradition, and I finally got around to making the parts, and building the house just in time for a fun snowy Saturday. Harrison and Noah had a great time in the snow, and Olivia and I joined them for a few minutes. Sam braved a much longer time outside, building a big snow fort with the two boys. It snowed all day long, and I think we had about 3 inches of accumulation. Here's some of the pictures/video I took while I was outside.



And here's a picture of the fort they built - I didn't get any action shots - it was cold out there, and I'm still a bit of a wimpy Californian when it comes to snow. But Sam got a shot of their hard work.

1 comment: