We just finished up our first of 3 Valentine's parties for the week. I think it was a success - there were cookies and candy, and I don't think we had any crying kids! The kids all decorated some valentines boxes, exchanged valentines, played a few valentines games, and decorated some cookies. I didn't get too many pictures, but here's a couple:

Passing out the valentines - I didn't think this one through too well, so it was mass chaos. Although I'm not sure you can avoid mass chaos when there are 10 kids ages 2-6 involved. Not to mention a few mischievous toddlers wandering around :)
Here are some of the kids decorating their boxes. Noah and Harrison ended up doing theirs without help - I was trying to hold down the fort in a general kind of way, so I think my kids got a little neglected. At one point I realized I hadn't seen Olivia for a few minutes. When I peeked around the corner, she was dumping valentine's candy out of boxes in an attempt to get some.
The poofy balls hanging from the ceiling were made for Harrison's Valentine's party. Which is yet to come. It's from Martha Stewart - super simple, and cheap for decorations.

Passing out the valentines - I didn't think this one through too well, so it was mass chaos. Although I'm not sure you can avoid mass chaos when there are 10 kids ages 2-6 involved. Not to mention a few mischievous toddlers wandering around :)


Mollie, the party was definitely a success! The kids really enjoyed themselves. I liked all the decorations that you made! Thanks again for all the preparation you put into this :)
ReplyDelete