Sunday, May 27, 2012

Six Weeks

Levi turned six weeks old on Wednesday.  Hard to believe six weeks have already flown by.  I didn't manage to get pictures of him Wednesday (Sam was out of town all week, so I was in survival mode) but I took some today.

He's generally a pretty happy baby.  Sticks to a pretty good 2 1/2-3 hour schedule, and lately only nurses once in the middle of the night (he's been waking again at 4, but ever since Sam got home, I've been sending him up to rock him back to sleep until I'm ready to feed him again at 6.)  He's good about riding in the car and being in his carseat in his stroller (which is SO NICE!) and if he gets fussy, I know I can swing the carseat from side to side (not front to back) and he falls right to sleep.  He's found his fists, and likes to suck on the back of his hand to try and sooth himself.  He's been full of smiles all week, and the kids fight about who can entertain him.  Generally the only time he gets really fussy is when he gets overstimulated when he's tired - something the kids are really good at helping with:)  The kids are still adjusting fairly well - Olivia's only asked to put him back into my tummy a couple of times, and she only used her magic wand to "spell" him to be a girl once.

He has is one month check up on Tuesday, so I don't know exactly how much he weighs, but he was 10 lbs 10 oz at his last appointment (a day shy of 3 weeks old), and when Sam stepped on the scale with him yesterday, he came up 14 1/2 lbs or so.  So, he's a big boy.  Tall too.  His height was in the 97th percentile at his last appointment.

Here's a few more shots from today.


Loves smiling at himself in the mirror.
He loves all the attention he gets from his siblings.  
He smiles with his whole face.  

2 comments:

  1. Love the squidgy cheeks! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting so big! Love those smiles and cute, happy, squinty eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete