One of the great perks that comes with being in the KOG program in our school district is that the kids do a play every year. School plays were one of my fondest memories of elementary school, and it seems like they just don't do them as much as they used to. In our current school, the 2nd graders put on a play each year, but Harrison missed out on that. But he'll get to do one each year for the last 3 years of he elementary career.
This year they put on a production of "The Electric Sunshine Man," the story of Thomas Edison. Everyone got some kind of part, weather it was a speaking part, solo, or part of a dancing siging number. Harrison was a "Hobo," and got to dress up, and sing and dance. At the last minute he also got to play the part of "young Edison" - no lines, but he did get to be up on stage as Edison at one point, which I thought was pretty fun. And he did a pretty good job at looking ashamed, which is what he was told to do. I guess Edison wasn't a very "good" little boy.
Sam was out of town for the performance, so I had a hard time documenting the event. I decided to go to the performance during the school day, and in the evening to increase my chances of getting some good footage. It was a good thing, because Levi ended up being pretty fussy during the night performance, so even though I had a better seat, I didn't have any hands!
As I was waiting for the performance to start, I had to snap a picture of the audience. I couldn't not believe this kids hair! Apparently it's like this (in a huge mo-hock) everyday, and my first thought was - who has that much time to do that every morning? For a 4th grader, no less!
And here's Harrison playing "baby Eidson" as he called his part. I thought it was pretty funny the girl playing his teacher was just barely taller than him:
And here's the dance he was in (Sorry, the audience is in focus, and the performers are blurry. Still getting used to my camera!):
And a shot of him singing in the chorus:
Luckily they performed again the next day at a different school (the school they will be moving to next year), so Sam was able to go see him perform for that.
Harrison had a lot of fun, and it was fun to hear him singing these songs around the house for a few months leading up to the performance. It will be fun to see what they do next year!
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment