We looked at our summer bucket list and saw that we had not yet camped and watched a movie in the backyard. We (the kids) cleaned up the great room, and then I read while dad set up the tent. Noah and Liv played together. After a while I got up from my book and went outside and got in the tent. Dad, Liv, and Noah came out. We all got into our sleeping bags, or in Liv's case, a "comf" pile of blankets and dolls. We then watched one hour of Mary Poppins. Afterwards we all wanted to look at the stars, so Dad got out his green laser pointer and showed us a few constellations. I was surprised that the green laster could be a straight beam right up to the top of the atmosphere and point to a single star. It was a neat way to trace out the Big Dipper or Draco. There were enough clouds that I could not see everything that I wanted. Only the Dippers, Draco and a few other stars were visible.
Then we all got back into the tent and went to sleep. Noah woke up at about 5:50 and Dad said to just go lie in his bed. Then Olivia wanted to go also, and dad went with her. So that left me alone in the tent. I slept the last hour peacefully, and woke up just before dad came to get me around 7:30.
-Harrison
Monday, August 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment