Monday, August 27, 2012

Last day of Freedom

School started on a Tuesday, so we spent Monday making some last minute preparations.  Sam was able to take some time off, and we took the kids bowling in the morning.



None of them are able to truly bowl, but they each developed their own strategy of getting the ball down the lane, and they all had a great time.





 The local bowling alley has a "Kids bowl free" program every summer, so maybe this will become a new family tradition.

Monday night, at Family Home Evening, Sam gave each of the children a Father's blessing for the coming school year.  I loved how excited they each were for their turn, and I'm confident they will each have a great year!  I am looking forward to the new schedules, some time at home with just Levi, new projects, cooler weather, and crunching leaves.  I love the fall.  The kids are excited and nervous at the same time, and it's so fun to watch them grow through these experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment