Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lego Revamp

One Saturday morning in late July, I went to the "Lego room" and decided we needed a change.  We had built a Lego table a year and a half ago, but it wasn't working.  And our huge desk was up in that room, and was not being used, now that I had a computer set up in the kitchen.



As Sam and I started to talk about what we might to do fix the problem, I had a brilliant idea - take the huge desk apart, and use it's parts to build a new Lego table.  And that's just what we did.  It took the whole of our Saturday (and a few evenings to finish up some parts) but now the big desk is gone, and the boys have a new place to build.

Taking the desk apart.

Harrison helped haul off the pieces.
Olivia helped fill the old Lego table with little people sets.
Everyone helped sort through the Legos.

 It's not perfect - legos still end up all over the floor (but I really don't think there's any avoiding that...) but it seems that it's more manageable now, and it's definitely easier to clean up, which is a big help.  We also took the time to sort through a lot of the legos, and organize them and rebuild several sets, so that we don't have so many legos in buckets.  It was a bit shocking to see just how many sets we own, but I suppose that's what happens when you have 2 boys who only ever want legos for birthdays and Christmas for the past 4 or so years!

The old Lego table is now the "little people" table and Olivia's doll house now has a place in the toy room, which helped to make her room feel a bit bigger.

Before:









After:






1 comment: