Friday, October 12, 2012

Downtown Disney


We made it to Downtown Disney on our first and last days at Disney World.  Downtown Disney is a big shopping area, not a theme park.  But it's still pretty magical.  I think if I had to do it over, I wouldn't have gone that first night - it was kind of crowded, and we were all exhausted, but it was a fun place to go, and The kids really loved it. Olivia was so excited to see these princesses flocking the doors to the huge World of Disney store there, and requested her photos with them:



The boys headed straight for the Lego store.  They had a fantastic play area, and the boys made their first purchase of the trip - the exclusive set "Brickly" a model of the lego dragon that is in the water outside the lego store.



 Exhausted, we headed back to our villa for the night.

On our last day, after the Animal Kingdom, we wanted to go back again.  The boys wanted to do some "build your own minifigures," and Olivia wanted to pick out a souvenir at the World of Disney.

Here's Olivia outside the Lego store with some of the amazing lego creations they have decorating the outside:

She thought the little girl dressed up as Cinderella was Cinderella, and needed to give her a hug.



I wanted to eat dinner at Wolfgang Puck's express, a restaurant I had read about before the trip, and it lived up to my expectations.  So good.  And the restaurant was near empty, and we had amazing service, no waiting. If you ever go to Disney World, I highly recommend this as a place to eat.

Here's the kids enjoying their dinner:




We also picked up the last few pressed pennies that Harrison had been collecting to give to his classmates.  He ended up with about 37 pressed pennies in all, so each of the kids kept some as souvenirs also.  I think at 51 cents it's just about the cheapest souvenir you can come by. And the kids really liked cranking the handle to press the penny.  And it was fun for Harrison to have something to pass out to his classmates when he got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment