Thursday, October 11, 2012

Epcot



Epcot was the first day we managed to get to a park when it opened.  We took advantage of this by heading straight to one of our "must-dos" that didn't offer fast passes.  Sam took the boys to the Sum of all Thrills, while I headed to Soarin' to get fast passes.  The boys loved the Sum of all Thrills.  It was a design-your-own ride, which you got to ride in a motion simulator.  There was no line at all, so they did it twice.  Here's a video of the boys riding it.

While me, Livie and Levi waited, we hopped on Living with the Land, which had no line also.  It was really interesting to me, and I knew Sam and the boys would like it also, so we went again.   I think Disney is great for how many attractions Levi was able to go on.  Then I took the kids on Soarin' while Sam sat with Levi.  All the kids really liked Soarin'.  It's a ride that makes you feel like you are hang gliding through California.  They have wind and smell effects to go along with the video and motion simulation of the ride.  Very cool.

Olivia and I had reservations to dine with Princesses at Akershus Royal Table by the Norway Pavilion, so we split up again, this time Sam took all the boys and headed to find delicious food in the world show case.  Olivia LOVED her time at Akershus.  She got to meet Snow White, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, and Cinderella. The food was also really good.  Even though this meal was a bit of a splurge, I think it was well worth it.  It was the best meal I had the whole time at Disney, and it was great atmosphere.

Olivia waiting to go into Akershus.  She was so excited!





At this dine, they take a photo of you with Belle as you enter, and then bring you an enlargement during your dine.



We also had a special character greet at Epcot - a perk of our Disney Chase Visa.  I got an offer for this credit card a couple months before our trip, and I'm so glad I did.  They gave us $250 in Disney gift cards with our first purchase, which covered all the food we ate out while at the parks.  And as a bonus we got to meet with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, in a private location without very much of a line.



Again, the character actors at Disney are pretty amazing.  The masked characters do not speak, but they interact so well. Here, Minnie mouse was doing peek-a-boo with Levi.


We called it a day about 4, and headed back to the villa.  We had to start to pack and get ready to check out the next morning before heading to the Animal Kingdom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment