Sunday, June 9, 2013

Oregon Trip Day 4

Day four was all about getting home. We headed to the beach first thing (right after breakfast) for one last dig in the sand and dip of our toes in the water. I spent the morning getting everything packed up, while Sam took the kids for a swim (a great way to get rid of all that extra sand you tend to pick up at the beach) at the hotel.  We also hoped it would wear everyone out for the drive home.  We picked our route to take us past the Portland Temple, and it was fun to be back on those grounds.  Last time I was there was for the dedication, when I decided at the tender age of 9 that that was where I was going to be married.





This boy loves his blanket.

There was something going on that day (there were tents all set up, and someone delivering pianos, which we thought strange since it was a Sunday) but we didn't really stick around to figure out what it was.  We walked around the grounds and took a few pictures before we headed back into the car for our next stop.  Multnomah Falls.









I am so glad we made this stop. It was so beautiful, and an easy hike up to a little bridge that crosses the falls.  It was the perfect pit stop on our way home.  And the perfect ending to a fabulous family trip.

We are planning on coming and visiting Portland and the surrounding areas many more times in the future.  We had an excellent time.  It was a lot of fun taking a family vacation, just the six of us, and just for fun.  I think it was our first official family vacation that didn't include visiting family.

No comments:

Post a Comment