I have a 2 1/2 year old back-seat driver in my car now. Ever since we read the book “Go, Dog. Go!” by P.D. Eastman, and Harrison discovered what Red, Yellow and Green lights mean, I have had a constant back-seat driver. At each stop light he remarks on the color, and tells me that I have to wait until it turns green. I find myself describing complex traffic rules to him so he knows why I have stopped when he sees green (I’m turning, waiting for a green arrow) or why I went when it was red (making a right turn.) When the light does turn green he exclaims in a loud and excited voice, “Go, Mom. GO!” The other day he got very upset when he didn’t see the light turn green, and told me, “Mommy, you need to obey me and wait for the light to turn green!” Thank you Mr. P.D. Eastman.Mollie
No comments:
Post a Comment