So, Ebay is great for a lot of things. I have sold things I thought to be useless for a pretty good price. I have bought items from garage sales and re-sold them for sometimes amazing profits. I have found items at stores on clearance, and re-sold for decent profits. We recently had a cordless phone die on us, and I was able to buy a brand new phone, with answering machine and all, for $9.50, shipping included. All of t
hose things make me like Ebay. But this is why I LOVE Ebay:I had some shoes from J. Crew that I bought about 6 years ago - on clearance of course. They were some simple platform sandals in dark brown leather. Well, after wearing them for about 4 years, one of the straps came loose from the sole. I got it repaired for a small fee, and continued to wear them. Over the last 2 years they have held up decently well, but last Sunday they died. The sole of one shoe broke in half. I was devastated. They were those shoes that you could wear with almost everything - jeans, dresses, skirts, spring through fall (and winter here in San Diego). Well, I thought, maybe I’ll be able to find something similar on Ebay. Not really thinking I would be able to find my exact shoes (sold over 6 years ago). But that’s exactly what I found. My beloved shoes - and in MY SIZE! I won the auction for a measly $10.50, and I just got them today - they are like brand new - worn maybe once. I feel like my shoes were magically reborn! I LOVE EBAY!
Mollie
No comments:
Post a Comment