Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Car Trouble

No, our van is running just fine. But I am still having car trouble. Olivia car trouble that is. This girl SCREAMS whenever she is in the car. No matter how long (yes, she screamed for an hour and a half one night, coming home from Virginia), no matter how tired, no matter how well slept. She screams. She can be as happy as can be, I strap her in to her car seat, and when I start the car, the crying begins. She gets quite worked up, and if we are going any distance, she is very upset, and her head will have little beads of sweat on it from the screaming. The boys have tried helping her, but in the end they just seem to zone out to the screaming. It makes me dread going anywhere, and I hate that. And whenever I tell people (as she's still crying coming in from the car) they can't believe it, "That's how I would get my kids to fall asleep!" or "My kids lived in their car seats!" Well, not Olivia. I keep hoping she will grow out of this (which I'm sure she eventually will), but I am also very grateful we did not attempt to drive from San Diego to Maryland. I cannot even imagine...

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried turning up the fuzzy stations really loud? And I mean LOUD. Lucas HATED the car and this seemed to quiet him down and put him to sleep in minutes. Only problem is that it would make Thomas start to yell and scream. We just stopped going anywhere for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry - that has got to be so frustrating. Hopefully she will get out of that phase soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same problem with #1--and it wasn't fun. But she slowly got better and when we could finally turn her carseat around at 15 months, the car got much better (although she's still not my favorite passenger). good luck!

    ReplyDelete