For FHE on Monday we did Jack-O-Lanterns. The spider creation was Harrison's chosen design, and my hard work, while "Iron Man" as Noah calls it, was the work of Sam. On a side note, the boys have been obsessed with Iron man ever since they saw an ad for the movie while walking through Best Buy. Noah would have no other design but the one that looked like Iron Man. I bought a little carving kit this year - for the mere $3 it cost, I think it really improved our ability to make cool looking pumkins. Note the difference in the thickness of the pumpkins - the flesh of mine was so thin the entire pumpkin glows when it's lit. It was actually fun for me to do this year- I'm not artistic at all, and cutting a pumpkin with kitchen knives has never been a skill of mine. But with a pattern, tracing tool and two "pumpkin saws" I was able to pretend to be artistic, or at least not "graphically challenged" as my mother calls me.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Jack-O-Lanterns
For FHE on Monday we did Jack-O-Lanterns. The spider creation was Harrison's chosen design, and my hard work, while "Iron Man" as Noah calls it, was the work of Sam. On a side note, the boys have been obsessed with Iron man ever since they saw an ad for the movie while walking through Best Buy. Noah would have no other design but the one that looked like Iron Man. I bought a little carving kit this year - for the mere $3 it cost, I think it really improved our ability to make cool looking pumkins. Note the difference in the thickness of the pumpkins - the flesh of mine was so thin the entire pumpkin glows when it's lit. It was actually fun for me to do this year- I'm not artistic at all, and cutting a pumpkin with kitchen knives has never been a skill of mine. But with a pattern, tracing tool and two "pumpkin saws" I was able to pretend to be artistic, or at least not "graphically challenged" as my mother calls me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love them! I think next year we may try something different--I've always wanted to do one of the "pictures" on the pumpkin.
ReplyDeleteI've always wondered if those carving kits were worth it. Now I know. Great pumpkins. Ruth
ReplyDelete