Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween


Here are the happy Halloweeners waiting for Grandpa Brent to arrive. My dad decided to come out for the weekend, and the boys were so excited they marched around the front yard in costume for over an hour waiting for him to get here. He was driving through rush hour traffic on a Friday night. Apparently they told everyone who drove by (only neighbors, we live on a cul-de-sac) that they were waiting for their grandpa.
Noah was a dragon, and and the last minute Harrison switched from being a monkey to being a knight - which worked out nicely with Noah's costume. Sam told Harrison that the dragon on the front of the knight costume meant he was a knight that worked with dragons, not against them. So he refused to act like he was slaying the dragon. Which is probably a good thing. He kept telling me, "He's on my team, mom."

Here's Noah showing off his tail. It had the cutest little wag as he walked.


I love Noah's expression in the photo. He was ready to go and get candy, not smile for the camera. Sam and my dad took them around our street, and then Olivia and I joined them to go trick-or-treat by our church. I didn't bother dressing Olivia up - she was budled up in the baby bjorn the whole time anyway, and most people think she's pretty cute even when she's not in costume.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I can still find your blog via google. It looks like you guys are settling in just fine! Also, you live about 40 minutes from my parent's house!
    Regent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I found you. . . or rather you found us. I had fun browsing through your recent pics and catching up. Washington D.C. sounds exciting. Sam - what are you up to there??

    Cute kids.

    ReplyDelete