One of our most memorable stops in San Diego was at the Mormon Battalion Historic Site. Sam and I had been there before, but it was recently renovated, and it is really AMAZING now. Very high tech, and very well done. This is a must do activity if you are ever in San Diego.
The kids got to pan for gold, and I seriously think all 3 of my kids could have done this for a very long time. I had to pull them away eventually.
They also had fiddle "lessons." Sister Evans showed the kids how to move the bow across the strings, and then played a litle jig the kids could play along to. They loved it!
And here's Noah bringing up a bucket from a well. Besides these fun activities, you could "make bricks" and there was a look out point from the roof that was also really fun. We got our picture taken, and they printed it for us (come to think of it, I think I was suppose to get a digital version, but I never did...), and they had artifacts and other interactive media you could play with. The best part was the tour. Very high tech, and I loved the video techniques they used with multiple screens in multiple rooms that were made to feel like you were right there with the battalion. It's really hard to describe, so you'll just have to go check it out for yourselves. We highly recommend it!
I can't wait to go back some day!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Awesome! I'm so glad to see my parents are alive and well. (since they've been too busy to even call).
ReplyDeleteHarrison looks like a natural with the violin. Seriously - does he play?
Thanks for this post. I'm even more excited to visit San Diego this summer.