Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring at Mount Vernon

We spent the first day of spring at one of our favorite spots here in DC, Mount Vernon. It was a beautiful spring day, and we were lucky enough to meet up with our good friends, the Gathrights.

The flower gardens were just starting to get green - we plan on going back again soon to see everything in bloom.  This winter felt especially long, and I'm so excited that spring has sprung!


Olivia was not happy about posing for this picture - since the nice weather has hit she loves to go outside and run around, and Mount Vernon was no exception.  She often climbs all the way down stairs, finds her shoes and cries at the door until we let her out. 



I love this funny picture. There were a whole bunch of baby lambs in the paddock, and the kids loved watching them. I was trying to get a picture of Olivia and a lamb, and I caught this funny little expression.

And here's a picture with the 2 Gathright girls. Our boys just love playing with these girls. They were good friends at UCSD, and now they live in the DC area, so we've enjoyed keeping up with them and getting together from time to time.

Our year passes expire in July, so I think were going to try to make it out at least a few more times before then.  It's such a great place full of places to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment