Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

While I have had a fair number of contractions in the past couple of weeks, our new little one has yet to arrive.  Today was Easter, and if you had asked me last week if I would be going to church today, I would have thought it not likely - after 2 nights of steady contractions, I was starting to think I'd either be in the hospital, or at home with a newborn.  But, in all honesty, having a baby this coming week is probably best.  Sam and Olivia were sick last week, Sam discovered he has gout, it was spring break, so I would have had to find people to help out with the kids all during the day, not just after school hours, and lots of people are out of town, my doctor included.  And it was Easter this weekend.  I am glad I'm not at the hospital today with a skeleton crew.  Having the baby this coming week will be just fine.

I did make sure to have all the kid's Easter clothes ready to go for today, in case I wasn't around to help them get ready for church.  But I was here, and it was fun to take some pictures of them before we all walked to church on a beautiful sunny, slightly windy, Easter Sunday afternoon.  Yes, we walked.  Me in my 39 weeks of pregnancy glory walked almost a mile to and from church.  And no, it did not help my labor start.  But I did get to enjoy the beautiful day.

And here are those cute pictures of my kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment